Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time Sheets

Last night I went to an open interview at a pupular bar in downtown Boise. First off, I would like to announce how awesome I am in driving MYSELF downtown, at night time none the less! That's prize worthy. I know nothing about the lay out of this town, but I made it. Early, of course. So early I had to sit in my car and pretend to be on my phone any time anyone would walk by. Better way early than a minute late, I say.
I walked into the bar at 9:20. Interviews were to start at 9:30. It stank. Apparently, you're allowed to smoke in bars here. G-ROSS. I sat down at a table with the four other prospective employees and had a chat or two. Soon I realised nearly every person in Boise was waltzing in for a job as well. Ugh. With each person my little heart cracked. By 9:35 the 40 of us were corralled into an elevated section of the venue. We were told to state our name and something about is. "I'm-" "I moved here-" "I used to be-" "KISS ASS KISS ASS-" We all shouted to get our story out. Mid way through the introductions the owner came in and began asking people questions about who they were and what they do. It seemed to be completely at random. I was asked a question, however some people didn't even get a chance to say their name. In a matter of moments the mass interview session was over and we were sent home. Owner said he would call the potentials to a test run with in the next thirty minutes. It was all so American Idol.
Blah. I walked quickly out the door, keys between fingers (it's downtown at night, dudes. I'ma protect myself!) I got in my car and drove home, hopeless. (Not before getting totally lost and driving down the wrong side of a road. Oops!)
Once home, I popped a sleeping pill knowing I wouldn't be receiving a phone call.
I didn't. Bullet dodged.
Today, I had an interview at a super awesome salon. I was so nervous for this interview, I spent the morning talking to myself in interview talk and perfecting my make up (Uh, trying to impress stylists with your pre-pubescent make up techniques- IMPOSSIBLE!) I arrived super early (better way early than a minute late, I say) and totally rocked the interview. I was felling pretty good when I left, but made sure I didn't get my hopes up.
30 minutes later I was hired. HOLLA!

They say it's very difficult to get a job here in Boise. I heard 2 months is the magic number. It took me 4 days. Not to sound all into myself but- HELL YEAH I RULE- SUCK IT UNEMPLOYMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment